ADVANCED C PROGRAMMING WITH LINUX
A Tutorial Introduction
• C as system Programming Language
• Variables and Arithmetic Expressions
• The for Statement
• Symbolic Contents
• Character Input and Output
• Arguments- Call by Value
• Character Arrays
• External Variables and Scope
Types, Operators and Expression
• Variable Names
• Data Types and Sizes
• C Operators
• Precedence and Order of Evaluation
• Statement and Blocks
• Loops-While and for
• Break and Continue
Function and Program Structure
• Basics of Functions
• Function and Returning Non-integers
• External Variables
• Scope Rules
• Header Files
• Static Variables
• Register Variables
• Block Structure
• The C Processor
Pointers and Arrays
• Pointers and Addresses
• Pointer and Function Arguments
• Pointer and Arrays
• Address Arithmetic
• Character Pointers and Functions
• Pointer Arrays: Pointer to Pointers
• Multi-dimensional Arrays
• Initialization of Pointer Arrays
• Pointer vs. Multi-dimensional Arrays
• Command-line Arguments
• Pointer to Functions
• Complicated Declaration
• Basic of Structure
• Structure and Function
• Arrays of Structure
• Pointer to Structure
• Self-referential Structure
put and Output
• Standard Input and Output
• Formatted Output-Print f
• Variable-length Argument Lists
• Formatted Input-Scan f
• File Access
Eligility: Professionals/MCA/Engg/BCA/BSc Students with bare minimum knowledge of C programming and Operating system fundamentals.
Note: Laptops with Ubuntu 10.04 or any other linux variant is mandatory.
Who should attend the Course?
1. What will I gain after finishing this course?
You will learn all basic components of Linux kernel and the Linux kernel architecture.You will get to know how to contribute towards Linux kernel development.
2. Will I be able to write device drivers after this course?
Yes, However you need to know that device drivers are not only software modules, they interact with real hardware. For e.g, If you are writing a driver for an ADC, then you need to know all details of ADC.
3. How will this course help me in my career?
Today, there is huge demand for Linux kernel developers in the industry.
Linux is widely ported operating system in the world. It has been ported to desktops, mobile phones, wrist watches and even for card swipe terminals.
4. Is this just a weekend course? Is this a crash course?
Yes and No. It depends upon students. The schedule can be decided by the students. Note that learning is a slow process with loads of study activities in the background.
DHS Informatics Pvt. Ltd.
52-53, 2 nd Floor, Annam Plaza,
8th F Main,
3rd Block, Jayanagar,
Bangalore - 560 011.
Cell : +91 98451 66723 / 98866 92401
Email : email@example.comfirstname.lastname@example.org
URL : www.dhsinformatics.com