AIX Administration Class Room /Online Training From Elegant IT Services,Marthahalli,Banglore :9886541264/87
Elegant IT Services is a leading training institute that provides the best and world-class training to students, so that, they are ready for work with the company.
Attend Free Demo Classes & Experience the Quality of Training.
We also provide training on different modules of SAP both ONLINE and CLASSROOM TRAINING with an expert ready to provide you training at your time and availability.
1. Attend free demo classes
2. material provided
3. Helps you in RESUME preparation
4. Sophisticated Lab facility provided
Introduction to IBM P-Series and AIX
• The P-SERIES Product Line
• RISC Technology
• LPAR Over view
• P-SERIES Configurations and Model Types (Power 4/5/6/7)
• The AIX Operating System v5.3/6./7.1
• HMC Management
Startup and Shutdown
• Boot Process for Power4 & above
• The Boot Sequence and LED codes
• Booting from disk and media (Tape/DVD)
• Working with inittab file.
• Run levels and rc scripts.
• Using the alog Program
• System Resource Controller Commands
• The /etc/shutdown Script
• Rootvg and default logical volumes in AIX
System Management Interface Tool (SMIT)
• SMIT Overview
• Using SMIT and fast paths
• SMIT Special Characters and Keys
• Smit.log and smit.script Files
• Editor Modes (Command/Edit/Insert mode)
• Moving with VI
• VI Shortcuts
Users and Groups
• Users and Groups in AIX
• Working with configuration files
• Structure of the /etc/passwd and groups File
• Adding / Changing/removing User and Group settings.
• Passwd and pwdadm Commands
• Login process.
• In depth User administration (password Policies / User lock and un lock..etc).
• File / Directory ownership
• File / Directory
• Modifying file permission and ownership
• SID/GID and sticky bit
Software Installation and Maintenance
• AIX product life cycle and offerings (TL/SP/Patch/Fix/e-fix).
• IBM Fix Level Recommend Tool (FLRT) Overview
• Filesets, Packages and Licensed Program Products
• Software States
• Installing/Remove/Update Patches and Fixes
• Introduction to the Object Data Manager (ODM)
• Listing Devices (/dev)
• Interpreting Location Codes
• Self-configuring Devices
• Adding, Changing and Removing Devices
The Logical Volume Manager
• The AIX Approach to Disk Storage
• Volume Groups, Physical Volumes and Logical Volumes and types
• Adding /Modifying/Removing VG/PV/LV
• Working with VG’s (mirror/un mirror/Import / export/vary on/off)
• Migrating Physical Volumes & Logical volumes.
• Useful LVM Commands.
The Journal Filesystem
• Over view on File system types (Jfs /Jfs2/ vfs)
• Superblocks and I-nodes
• Journaling of File System Data
• Creating /Modifying / Removing File Systems
• Increase / Decrease file systems
• Mounting / Un mounting of File systems
• The /etc/filesystems File
• Using the fsck Command
• Paging Space Overview
• Paging space calculations and Limitations
• Add / Remove /Extend / Decrease Paging Space
• Monitor Paging Space Usage
• /etc/swpaspaces file overview.
Backup and Restore
• Why backup?
• Types of backup and Backup Policies
• Detailed overview on Rootvg backup (mksysb)
• Detailed overview on datavg backup (savevg)
• Using the cpio / tar / gzip and compress
• Working with cronschedulers
• Working with at schedulers.
• Adding / Removing/Modifying cron and at jobs.
• Network overview IPv4 and IPv6 (IP / Gateway / subnet)
• Working with network interfaces
• Configure TCP/IP for a Network Interface
• Defining domain / Router / Hostname configurations
• Configure alias IP for interface.
• Modifying / removing network parameters and devices
Network File System (NFS)
• What is NFS and
• Overview on NFS3/NFS4
• Master and Client NFS configurations
• Working with NFS daemons
• The /etc/exports File
• Printers and Queues
• Queuing Concepts in AIX
• Spooling Control Directories
• The QCONFIG File
• Managing Print Queues
• Queue Status Commands
AIX Performance Tuning
• Resource overview (CPU/Memory/Swap/Disk/IO)
• Performance Tools
• Performance reports and Remediation
• Basic Performance commands
Install AIX Base Operating system
• Installing Base operating systems from DVD/ Network
• OS migration and Upgrade
• Alt_disk_install and Alt_disk_clone methods.
Real time Discussion
• Working with LVM and File systems
• Replacing Hardware (disk / adapter / Fan / System Board)
• Performance Troubleshooting
• Error reports and Handling
Elegant IT Services,
#352, 2nd Floor,Aswath Nagar
Varthur main road,Near Railway Fly Over
Maratha halli,Land mark : Chemmunar Jewellers,
Bangalore - 560037.Ph:-9886541264/87