We are well-known and trusted name in Bangalore for providing Corporate IT Training and Consulting Services. We offer Intermediate and Advanced level courses. Our courses are customized to suit the requirements of the target audience. The training methodology is simple and easy to understand, and the personalized attention given to the participants enables them to learn better, faster and more efficiently.
We are happily announced, Bangalore's first Advanced Training program for Android Mobile platform.
What is Android?
Android is a rich, ready-to-use software stack that is easily adaptable to different hardware platforms. It includes an operating system, middleware and key applications. With Android and the dynamic open source development community around it, developers can easily and quickly create new applications, and OEMs can leverage the increasingly broad set of available applications for their devices.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
1. Build your own Android apps
2. Explain the differences between Android and other mobile development environments
3. Understand how Android applications work, their life cycle, manifest, Intents, and using external resources
4. Design and develop useful Android applications with compelling user interfaces by using, extending, and creating your own layouts and Views and using Menus.
5. Take advantage of Android's APIs for data storage, retrieval, user preferences, files, databases, and content providers
6. Tap into location-based services, geocoder, compass sensors, and create rich map-based applications
7. Utilize the power of background services, threads, and notifications.
8. Use Android's communication APIs for SMS, telephony, network management, and internet resources (HTTP).
9. Secure, tune, package, and deploy Android applications
This course is designed for software developers interested in designing, creating, deploying, and testing applications for the Android™ mobile phone platform. It is valuable to both novices and gurus, who already have experience in developing mobile applications for other platforms.
Java experience is required to get the most benefit from this training.
No: 19, MN Complex, 2nd Cross
Sampige Main Road, Malleswaram
Ph: 9739066172, 080 - 32487434
I. Android Fundamentals: Jargon Explained
II. Setting up android development. Creating a Skeleton Application.
III. Anatomy of an Android application. Activity Lifecycle Model.
IV. Building Blocks/components.
3. Content Providers
4. Broadcast Receivers
2. Activities and intents
I. Launching Activities and sub activities
II. Launching activity by intent and component
3. Android UI
I. XML based UI
II. Views and Layouts
III. UI widgets
IV. Handling user events
4. Advanced Android UI
I. Understanding adapters
II. Complex UI components
III. Custom View and component
IV. Menus and dialogs
V. Managing user preferences
VI. Handling multiple Screen sizes
5. Intents and intent filters
I. Intent pieces
II. Implicit and Explicit Intent
III. Intent resolution
IV. Creating intent filter
6. Broadcast Receivers and Notifications
I. Broadcasting –system and custom
III. Enforcing Permissions
I. Building and consuming services
II. Service lifecycle
III. Local service
IV. Remote Service
V. Service and notifications combined
8. SQLite Database
I. SQLite pieces
II. Opening and closing database
III. Doing CRUD operations
9. Content Providers
I. Content provider MIME types
II. Using a content provider
III. Adding changing and removing content
IV. Custom content provider
I. HTTP Operations via Apache Http Client
II. Working with web services
11. Location based services
I. Accessing location based services
II. Mapping with Map View and Map Activity
12. Media Framework and telephony APIs
I. Working with media APIs
II. Working with telephony APIs
II. Unit testing
14. Development to deployment
I. Dalvik debugging tool
II. Handling multiple screen sizes
III. Handling multiple Devices
IV. Handling API/platform changes