Executive Program for Young Managers
Young managers graduating from professional programmes with specialization in areas such as engineering, medicine, pure sciences,
commerce, etc., enter the workplace with little exposure to managerial concepts and skills. For them, the initial immersion into the
complex world of practice can be challenging. After a period unwavering commitment and attention to the details of one’s work, the
executive in search of excellence requires fresh insights and inputs. There arises a need for sharpening skills and strengthening the
value of one’s experience with theoretical buttress. Towards this end, EPYM aims to equip these professionals with the appropriate
managerial know-how. EPYM is designed to provide both perspective and managerial skills to successfully meet the challenges of
today’s global business environment. The program provides an integrated overview of core business functions, key concepts, tools and
techniques and enhances skills to provide a programme participant critical inputs required to do well in select functional areas. The
program would enhance the participant's ability to face current and future challenges of management and business administration.
• Premier & successful General Management Program from IIMC – India’s foremost business school
• Revised and updated course content and coverage
• Books, Cases and Study Materials included in the Course
• A new team of program directors, each from a core business area, to build in more rigor & quality into the program
• Specially selected core faculty of the institute and faculty from abroad.
• Quality interactions and increased peer group learning
• Specifically designed for working executives with all the flexibility benefits of Interactive Onsite Learning.
• Participants selected, based on elaborate selection process and profiling.
• Alumni Status from IIMC
• Huge alumni base from past 15 batches have been largely benefited from this program. Several participants have advanced their
careers within and outside their organizations.
• Superior performance on the job
• Exclusive focus on imparting managerial skills
• Development of career
Schedule & Duration
• EPYM is of 1 year duration.
• Campus visit will be of 5 days
Sunday – 12:15pm to 3:15pm.
For Advanced Module, Class timing will be twice a week, Saturday – 6:45pm to 9:45pm and Sunday – 12:15pm to 3:15pm
• Applicants should be working professionals/self-employed.
• Must possess minimum 1 years of work experience (full-time paid employment) post completion of graduation as on Application
• Full Time Degree Graduates (10+2+3) in any discipline with min. 50% marks [aggregate - considering results of all years (e.g. 3 or 4
together)] recognized by UGC/AICTE. Deviation – only AICTE/State Tech Board approved full-time Diploma (10+2+3) will be
Admission Criteria & Profile Desired
An Entrance Test will be conducted to select eligible candidates to the programme. Candidates who qualify the above eligibility criteria
will be considered for the Entrance Test.
Final Selection will be made basis the candidates’ performance in the Entrance Test. No deviations to the laid out Eligibility Criteria
(unless otherwise mentioned above) will be considered.
Desired Proficiencies in the Candidate (in addition to the Eligibility Criteria) –
• Proficiency in English since it would be the medium of instruction.
• Basic numerical ability and mathematical skills - including Algebra (eg. Equation of Straight Line), Basic Differential & Integral Calculus
and Ability to Interpret Graphs.
• Ability to reason logically
• General awareness – including knowledge of Industry
Certification & Alumnus Status
IIM Calcutta shall carry out the examination and evaluation required for certification. IIM Calcutta will directly award a certificate to
participants who complete the program successfully. Giving feedback is an integral part of the completion requirements of the program.
Successful Candidates will be offered the IIMC – MDP Alumni status.
For Indian Students
Application Fee Rs. 2000
Program Fee Rs. 165000 + INR 20394 (Service Tax @ 12.36 %)
Registration Fee INR 4125 + 510 S.T.
1st Installment(As per the offer letter) INR 77,669(Registration fee included)
2nd Installment INR 61,798
3rd Installment INR 50,562
• IIMC invests a lot to maintain high quality of program delivery. The student fee includes all the course material which is books,
simulations and cases, certification and alumni membership for IIMC. Campus Fee is additional and approximately Rs. 15000 exclusive
of applicable taxes, payable directly to IIMC.
• Installment amounts does not include campus fees.
• Broad factors that define business environments
• Specific issues affecting business organizations and workplace
• Managerial skills and their utilization in different domains
• Key functional areas in management
• Analytic tools for decision making in managerial situations
• Perception, Personality, Sea Pines (Case)
• Interpersonal Communication, Managing Interpersonal Relationships, Blackman-Dodds(Case)
• Managing Conflict in Teams, Bob Knowlton(Case)
• Understanding Team Dynamics, Henry Tam (Case)
Economics& Public Policy
• Understanding Micro economics: The key concepts of Economics such as Trade-off, opportunity cost, Cost-benefit principle &Optimal
decision taken based on Marginal analysis.
• Understanding Macroeconomics: Some Major issues in Macroeconomics such as Gross Domestic Product (Definition and
measurement issues in National Income Accounting), Unemployment and Inflation are included.
• Regulatory and business environment
• Product Decisions
• Integrated Marketing Communication Strategy and Advertising & Sales Promotion
• The Marketing Environment
• New Product Development
• Sales & Distribution
• Overview of financial accounting
• Preparation of financial statements
• Analysis of financial statements and ratios
• Cost accounting
• Overview of financial management - deliberations to cover problems & illustrations on all relevant topics
• An Overview
• Process Analysis
• Efficient Planning of Operations
• Inventory Management
• Supply Chain Management
Advanced Behavioral Management
• Advanced behavioral issues
• Structuring organizations for performance
• Talent sourcing and development
• Performance oriented practices
• Managing careers
• Strategic Brand Management
• Branding of Services and Global Branding
• Sales & Distribution Management I
• Sales & Distribution Management II
• Personal Selling and Retailing
• Project Presentations
• Overview of corporate finance
• Avenues for long term finance
• Capital budgeting techniques
• Avenues for short term finance & working capital management
• Financial markets - liberalization, globalization, integration and volatility
• Risk, kinds of risk and risk management
• Risk hedging and derivatives – deliberations to cover problems and illustrations on all relevant topics
• Application Of Linear Programming
• Fallacy Of Averages
• Project Management
• Integer & Dynamic Programming
• Decision Analysis
• Theory & Practical Inputs
• Case study approach.
• Assignments, E-Learning, & Business Simulation
Assessment & Evaluation
Assessments: Written Test, Assignments, Project & Online Examinations
Evaluation: Evaluation shall be conducted by the institute. Participants are evaluated on the basis of examinations for all the courses.
Certification: IIMC shall carry out the examination and evaluation required for certification. It will award the certificate of successful
completion to participants who complete the programme successfully
For Application, please contact:
Mr. Prabir Roy
Telephone: 0124-4094967 or 0129-4020947