Linux professional Course in Bangalore
LINUX KERNEL DEVELOPMENT
Basic Operating system concepts
• Various services of OS.
• General Scheduling Policies.
• Linux Vs RTOS.
• Linux and Embedded system.
Introduction to Linux
• Basic Architecture of Linux
• Basic code browsing : where is what?
Linux Process Scheduling and Management/Threads
• Process Creation/Termination.
• Various Process states.
• Basic Inter-Process Communication.
• Process schedular: 0(1) schedular.
• Threads: Kernel and User Threads.
• Pre-emption and Context switching.
• Priority based Preemtive Scheduling.
System Calls and Kernel Datastructures
• System calls implementation.
• System call context
• Usage of LinkedList/Binary trees in Kernel(Introduction to Latest Device Trees from Kernel 3.8)
• Atomic operations
• User-space and Kernel space memory
• MMU and Paging
• Allocation of memory in kernel.
Introduction to VFS.
• Introduction File systems like Ext3,Jffs,VFS
• Introduction to Android File system.
LINUX DEVICE DRIVERS
Introduction to Device drivers
• Device drivers in linux and RTOS.
• Linux Device Model
• Introduction to linux subsystems
Module Programming in linux
• Introduction to modules and advantages.
• Example code and application
• Writing ISRs in Linux
• Registration of ISR
• Top-halves versus bottom halves.
• threaded IRQs
Deferring work and bottom halves.
; Advantage of usage of bottom halves.
Char and Block Device Drivers
• Generic character drivers
• Generic block drivers
Users-space and Kernel Interfaces
• Sysfs entries.
• User-space Notifiers
One whole use-case study on device drivers(Only support)
• Atleast one code browsing session on Device driver
Who should attend the Course?
Eligility: Professionals/MCA/Engg/BCA/BSc Students with bare minimum knowledge of C programming and Operating system fundamentals.
Note: Laptops with Ubuntu 10.04 or any other linux variant is mandatory.
1. What will I gain after finishing this course?
You will learn all basic components of Linux kernel and the Linux kernel architecture.You will get to know how to contribute towards Linux kernel development.
2. Will I be able to write device drivers after this course?
Yes, However you need to know that device drivers are not only software modules, they interact with real hardware. For e.g, If you are writing a driver for an ADC, then you need to know all details of ADC.
3. How will this course help me in my career?
Today, there is huge demand for Linux kernel developers in the industry.
Linux is widely ported operating system in the world. It has been ported to desktops, mobile phones, wrist watches and even for card swipe terminals.
4. Is this just a weekend course? Is this a crash course?
Yes and No. It depends upon students. The schedule can be decided by the students. Note that learning is a slow process with loads of study activities in the background.
DHS Informatics Pvt. Ltd.
52-53, 2 nd Floor, Annam Plaza,
8th F Main,
3rd Block, Jayanagar,
Bangalore - 560 011.
Cell : +91 98451 66723 / 98866 92401
Email : firstname.lastname@example.orgemail@example.com
URL : www.dhsinformatics.com