MeritVCO Extra Virgin Coconut Oil the safest skin moisturizer
MeritVCO Extra virgin coconut oil or unrefined coconut oil is one of the oldest and trusted skin moisturizer and hair treatments in tropical countries. Virgin coconut oil is better than most expensive commercial moisturizer and hair conditioners in the market, because it does not only soften rough skin, it is also loaded with antioxidants that help repair skin damage and strengthen skin tissues therefore preventing wrinkles. Most commercial creams and lotions are predominantly water. When the water enters the skin, it expands the tissues, so wrinkles fade away and the skin looks and feel smoother, but this effect is just temporary, as soon as the water evaporates, the dry wrinkled skin returns. Another thing is this moisturizer contains highly refined ingredients (devoid of all natural protective antioxidants), which can do more harm to our skin.
Benefits of Virgin coconut oil on the skin:
• Virgin coconut oil is useful in fighting free-radicals as it is unrefined and hasn't been stripped of any of its important nutrients.
• Virgin coconut oil helps prevent liver spots or brown spots. Liver spots is one of the classic sign of old age, it is cause by free-radical deterioration of the lipids (fats) in our skin over exposure to sunlight. The oil absorbed into the skin help limit or minimize damaged caused by excessive sun exposure.
• Virgin coconut oil will not only bring temporary relief to stressed skin but it may also help in healing and repairing skin.
• Virgin coconut oil reduces our need for vitamin E.
• Virgin coconut oil help in removing the dead skin cells, to reveal a younger and smoother skin.
• Virgin coconut oil is a deep penetrating food for the skin that can help strengthen connective tissues, so that skin doesn't sag and wrinkle.
• Applying the coconut oil as a pre-wash conditioner can help remove dandruff better that a medicated shampoo.
• Antiseptic fatty acids in coconut oil help to prevent fungal and bacterial infections in the skin when it is consumed and to some extent, when it is applied directly to the skin.
• Continuous use of Virgin Coconut oil on the skin can help cure some skin problem such as; Psoriasis, eczema, dandruff, acne, etc.
Coconut oil as compared to other oil as hair treatment: According to studies of the 3 oils (mineral oil and safflower oil) used for hair treatment, coconut oil was the only oil found to reduce the protein loss for both undamaged and damaged hair when used as pre-wash and post-wash grooming product. Both mineral oil and safflower oil do not help at all in reducing the protein loss from hair. Coconut oil, being a triglyceride of lauric acid (principal fatty acid), has a high affinity for hair proteins and, because of its low molecular weight and straight linear chain, is able to penetrate inside the hair shaft.
Recommended Dosage: Internal: 1-3 tbsp. / day 30mins before meal; External: apply after shower and after washing your face at night.
• I have been using the oil for about two weeks. My skin looks great, no more dryness. My hair looks great, soft and shiny, no more frizz. And my scalp is no longer dry. Also, my eyelashes have grown longer and thicker! This is a plus I did not expect. I now make an effort to apply a bit of oil with a clean mascara brush each morning/night.
• When my baby boy was 10 weeks old he had a yeast infection on his bottom. Instead of asking his doctor for an expensive prescription, I first tried VCO. I was very new to using it so I wasn't sure what to expect. I liberally applied coconut oil at each diaper change (about 6x/day) allowing it to soak in for a few minutes after each application. I was amazed that within 24 hours there was significant improvement. I continue to apply it and within 3 days the yeast infection was completely gone!!!
• I am a 35-year-old female who had red lesions on my face for many years. Unbelievably it finally cleared in three months when I applied Coconut Oil topically to my face each day.
• My youngest son had very dry scalp (cradle cap) and the coconut oil healed it in two days.
• It has been two days since I used the Virgin Coconut oil, I applied it straight on my scalp and the results are unbelievable. Its has only been two days and I have no more dandruff.
• I just got back from my 7-day trip to Jamaica. I used VCO exclusively as my sunscreen. I had no burns and my tan is even and golden. I am somewhat fair-skinned.
• I have been using straight VCO as an underarm deodorant since last fall. Works wonders. Works just as good as any antiperspirant deodorant I have ever used. I have a job that requires a lot of manual labor and my VCO deodorant has not failed me yet, even when over heated.