Camp on the backwaters on an island, trek to the waterfalls, build your own rafts, row the kayaks and feel the real fun of doing all this amidst nature!!
Come and enjoy a weekend full of adventure and fun on the island of Sharavathi with nature & Thrillophilia! The activities will surely bring back your childhood memories!
Itinerary for 2 days:-
* We start from Bangalore at 10 p.m. in overnight bus.
* Reach the camping location i.e. the island in a coracle from the main land.
* Freshen up and have breakfast.
* Start the trek towards first veegi falls. Spend some time in falls.
* Trek to second veegi falls. Play in the falls if interested. (Depends on water level and trekkers speed)
* Have lunch and trek Trek up the valley and come to road.
* Travel to Backwater camp site.
* Wake up,Freshen up and Have Breakfast.
* Group Introductory session and initial briefing by the Camp leader.
* Introducing everyone to water, and a small swimming/floating session.
* Build a raft and surf around islands.
* Have Lunch and rest for half an hour.
* Start the different type of boating( Kayak, canoe, raft etc) session.
* Have high tea and transfer to mainland in coracle.
* End of session.
Non AC Transportation, 2 Breakfast, 2 lunch, 1 Dinner, Accommodation in Tents, Activities, Forest Entry fees, Guide and Professional Charges and taxes
- Anything not mentioned in the Inclusion list.
- Personal Beverages of any kind.
- Personal Expenses of any kind.
Package cost: INR 4000 per PAX
The Sharavathi Valley is nestled in the central Western Ghats, Shimoga district has been an ecological paradise. The Sharavathi River, rising at Ambuthirtha in Thirthahalli taluk flows north-west and drops down in the Ghats at the world famous Jog falls. The sharavathi Valley is home for many water falls and to some of the beautiful streams. The valley is evergreen to semi-evergreen forest along with moist deciduous type of forests dominate the entire basin along with scrub savannah, grasslands, marshy areas and plantation of acacia, cash crops like areca and rubber providing diverse niches for a variety of taxa. Rare evergreen species such as Dipterocarpus, Syzygium, Cinnamon, Diospyros, Aglaia, endemic Palms along with the globally endangered Myrist-icasps makes this an ecologically sensitive region to be conserved and not marketed.
Sharavathi backwater is about 60 KM in length and about 15 KM wide !!!!. It became backwater when dam was constructed at Linganamakki of Sagara taluk in Shivamogga(Shimoga) district to the river Sharavathi. This backwater has created lots of islands, it is so great to explore all these, where thick vegetation still exist and lots of wild life in it including some rare birds.
Anyone or Any groups like families , friends who are passionate about nature can only attend this program. Its not for the people who expect resort facility at the camp and also to the people who can not abstain from their habits like smoking, alcohol consumption etc.,
Its all about spending few days away from the daily routines and run a natural life by abstaining from all habits. Every attendee must fallow below mentioned Nature etiquette. If nature etiquette is violated , camp will be stopped right at that point and will be closed.
Few from the gallery:
For more details:
Call us on : +91-9686020000 / 9686120000
Mail us at : firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit us at : www.thrillophilia.com