WE PROVIDE KSBM MBA EMBA BMS DMS GDM CASE
STUDY ANSWERS, ASSIGNMENT SOLUTIONS,
PROJECT REPORTS AND THESIS
ARAVIND - 09901366442 09902787224
Supply Chain Management
1. Vansh & Yash Brothers utilize 12000 units of raw material costing 1.25rs per unit.
Placing each order costs 15rs and the carrying costs are 15% per year per unit of the
average inventory. The firm follows EOQ policy of purchasing. It operates 300 days per
year. Procurement time is 14 days and safety stock is 400 units. Calculate the following.
(ii) Re-order point
(iii) Maximum inventory
(iv) Average inventory
2. Define the term Agile supply chain. How Agile supply chain different from the
traditional supply chain?
3. Explain the Role of Strategic Management framework for information technology
adoption in supply chain management with suitable chart.
4. Gillette (India) Ltd is the leader in male and female grooming products. Till the year
2000 nobody was clearly accountable for the accuracy of the forecast at Gillette, and
poor forecasting resulted in several supply chain problems like low service levels and
high imbalanced inventories. In 2002 brand managers were given responsibility of
demand forecasting. As there were no standard processes so the firm realized that brand
managers were more connected with their sales targets and were not focusing on
forecasting accurate market demands. If you are given the responsibility of demand
forecasting how would you forecast the demand of the Gillette (India) Ltd?
5. A global company has put up a captive facility in india to manage a couple of internal
backend processes. The CEO of the local unit is worried about the long term
competitiveness of the Indian unit. Labor cost has been increasing at the rate of 15
percent in the last few years, and the CEO is worried that in the near future these
processes may get shifted to eastern Europe or some other part of the world. What
should the CEO do so that the local unit can survive in the long run after studying
network design decisions?
6. Define the term Supply Chain Management. Discuss the various phases of evolution
of supply chain management.
7. Define the term supply chain mapping. Also discuss the following three dimensions of
supply chain mapping with suitable chart
(i) Value addition curve
(ii) Point of Differentiation
(iii) Customer entry point in the supply chain
8. Consider the purchase of a can of soft drink at a retail store. Describe the various
stages in the supply chain and the different flours involved.